If you’d like to buy by Jon Wilks albums and support what I do, head to my Bandcamp page. Currently, only Midlife is available as a physical CD. You can order that by clicking here. I also run a subscription service, which gives subscribers a few extra tracks each month. You can find that here.
Occasionally, I play in a duo called The Grizzly Folk. We have a Bandcamp page here. The Grizzly Folk albums and EPs tend to be original material, rather than the traditional folk music I record on my solo albums.
If you’d prefer, you can listen on Spotify or Apple Music via the links below. However, should you want to do that, please consider either following me on your chosen platform (which helps build recognition and trigger algorithms, etc) or popping a few pennies in my Paypal jar. Spotify and their ilk are notorious for paying musicians poorly for the use of their music. I’m sorry we have to ask. Please don’t feel obliged.
Jon Wilks on Spotify
You can listen to my top tracks below, or head to my Spotify page to see my full back catalogue.
The Grizzly Folk on Spotify
Click the button below to follow us and help grow our artist community.
You can listen to our top tracks below, or head to our Spotify page to see our full back catalogue.
Jon Wilks & The Grizzly Folk albums and EPs elsewhere
My albums and EPs are listed below, along with links to where you’ll find them, including Apple Music, Deezer, and other streaming sites.
Jon Wilks albums, singles & EPs
The Fowler (2022, single)
- The Fowler [Roud 166]
Greek Street (2021, single)
- Greek Street
Up The Cut (2021, album)
- Pretty Girls of Brummagem [Roud V1691]
- The Stowaway [Roud 6341]
- Edward [Child 13, Roud 200]
- John Riley [Roud 270]
- The Jovial Hunter of Bromsgrove [Child 18, Roud 29]
- The Tramp’s Philosophy [Roud 10672]
- How Five and Twenty Shillings Were Expended in a Week [Roud V1598]
- The Lover’s Ghost [Child 248, Roud 179]
- Little Grey Oss [Roud 393]
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen [Roud 394]
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (2020, single)
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen [Roud 394]
Tell Old Bill (2020, single)
- Tell Old Bill [Roud 7876]
From a Lullaby Kiss (2020, single)
Song overview for From a Lullaby Kiss here.
Toryanse (2019, single)
Song overview for Toryanse here.
The Trial Of Bill Burn Under Martin’s Act (2019, EP)
- The Trial Of Bill Burn Under Martin’s Act
- Holly Ho (feat. Nick Hart and Mikey Kenney)
- Who Hung the Monkey?
- Leave Her, Johnny
Poverty Knock (2019, single)
Song overview for Poverty Knock here.
- Poverty Knock [Roud 3491]
Midlife (2018, album)
Album overview for Midlife here.
- The Brave Dudley Boys (Roud 1131)
- I Can’t Find Brummagem (Roud V34542)
- Navvy Boots (Roud 516)
- John Hobbs (Roud 21966)
- Bandy-Legged Lett
- Birmingham Sally (Roud V254)
- Colin’s Ghost (Roud 1600)
- Aye For Saturday Night (My Bloke’s a Peaky) (Roud 5701 and 24185)
- There Was An Old Man Came Over the Sea (Roud 362)
- Oh, It Was My Cruel Parents Who Did Me First Trepan (Roud 2897)
- Adieu, Adieu (Roud 490)
Songs From The Attic (2017, album)
Album overview for Songs From The Attic here.
- The Sandgate Dandling (Roud B24532)
- The Bedmaking (Roud 1631)
- Girl on a Kemble Train
- When First I Came to Caledonia
- Hard Times of Old England (Roud 1206)
- Ye Mariners All (A Jug of This) (Roud 1191)
- My Old Hat That I Got On (Roud 475)
- Durham Fair
- Shallow Brown (Roud 2621)
Albums, singles & EPs by The Grizzly Folk
Leftovers & Extras (2019, album)
- Gotta Keep an Eye On My Lover
- Let’s Have You
- Faith in the Family
- Kathy’s Song [Paul Simon cover]
- Before I’m Dead and Gone
- Night Town Service: Dance Scene
- Night Town Service: One Eye Watching
- Night Town Service: The Chimney’s On Fire
- Night Town Service: Fight Night at Pyramid Cafe
- Stick Dance at Grizzly Central
- Nobody Writes Protest Songs Anymore
- You’ll Do Right By Me
- Summer Thigh
Templecombe (2019, single)
October Song (2018, single)
- October Song [Incredible String Band cover]
Baibaba Bimba (2016, EP)
- Baibaba Bimba [Tenniscoats cover]
- The Liminal Hours
- Meet Me at Nine
- Baibaba Bimba (acoustic) [Tenniscoats cover]
Lairy Through the Town (2015, album)
Only available now on Bandcamp.
- The Ghost of Johnny Hallyday
- Lairy Through the Town (Often They Would Go)
- Gotta Keep an Eye on My Lover
- The Franco-Belgian Border
- Cold Weather
- Do You Lie?
- The Shirker
- All This Rigor Mortis
- Katie Cruel [Roud 1645]
- I’ve Been Low
Listen on: Bandcamp
Gurning at the Moon (2013, album)
Album overview here.
- The Wassailing Song [Roud 209]
- If I Told You
- Milo’s Tune
- Friday Night
- Hana’s Song
- Don’t Blame Me
- The I Don’t Know Song
- Supernatural Gumboots
- I Can’t Breathe
- These Are the End Days
- The Colonel’s Pantry
- Time To Go Home
- Hana’s Song [Demo]
Other albums and EPs featuring Jon Wilks
Nursery Rhymes (Jackie Oates, 2020)
This was a recording of (mostly) traditional children’s songs, recorded with Jackie Oates for the Yoto website (link here). Jon played guitar on:
- The Grand Old Duke Of York
- Pop! Goes The Weasel
- Oranges and Lemons
- Baby Mine
- Old MacDonald
Project overview here.
- Northern Sky (2020, single. Nick Drake cover. Spotify link here.)
- River Man (2020, single. Nick Drake cover. Spotify link here.)
- Fly (2021, single. Nick Drake cover. Spotify link here.)
- You Come Around (2007, EP)
- Early Recordings (2005, album)
- On Your Way (2006, album – Jon was the producer, and played keyboards). Spotify link here.